JProm LookBook ’16

(Pictured: Georgia M.) Sherri Hill

(Pictured: Georgia M.) Sherri Hill

It is more than fair to say that Junior year is not an all around fun and easy year. Tests, papers, essays, projects, and college stress make for a hectic year. However, even throughout all the turmoil, juniors try to find excitement and happiness to distract themselves from the looming college applications. There is no doubt that Prom is a day that every girl gets giddy for. The days leading up to Prom encompass girls mindlessly distracting themselves from schoolwork by online searching a billion websites and scurrying through hundreds of stores to find the perfect dress. Procrastination has never been so fun as Junior girls eagerly order their dress and bolt to post a picture of it in the Facebook group.  Finding a dress and planning what to wear is a sanction for most girls, providing some much-needed relief from the pressure of school. Not only is it fun to find a beautiful dress, but also Prom is an opportunity for girls to express their style. With hundreds of thousands of dress options, the dress one picks truly showcases their style and personality. This year, JProm revealed a multitude of fashion-forward, stunning dresses. With individuality ranging from vibrant reds to subtle creams, the junior girls at John Jay High School proudly showed off (and rocked) their dresses on May 14th, 2016.