Filed under Entertainment, Showcase

Why You Should Go to The Meadows

The Meadows NYC

The Meadows NYC

The Meadows NYC

As the annual three day music festival in New York City, Gov Ball, comes to an end, people immediately begin thinking about the next big music festival to hit the Big Apple. While there is The Panorama Music Festival in July, I find that The Meadows Music and Arts Festival is more popular among John Jay students.

The Meadows is another three day music festival (although it was only two days last year) that is being held on September 15-17 at Citifield in Queens, NY this year. With artists like Kanye West, Chance the Rapper, Bryson Tiller and J. Cole at last year’s festival, the hype is definitely there for this year. After talking to multiple people I have found it a consensus that the majority of people at John Jay are most excited for Jay Z, Migos, Joey Bada$$, 21 Savage, Future and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Junior at John Jay, Sarah Sexton, shared, “I had a great time at The Meadows last year and can’t wait to go back this year. I’m most excited for 21 Savage!” And she’s not alone. The majority of people that attended this festival last year have hopes of returning this year because of how great of an experience it was.

The great thing about this festival is that it caters to almost everybody. Aside from the artists mentioned earlier, there will be around 60 other artists performing between these three days, One that I am personally excited to see is Marian Hill who is an upcoming duo from Philadelphia with a unique sound. Not only is The Meadows great for their music, but there are also activities that allow you to be constantly occupied between sets. And of course, food. For all the foodies out there, this festival is for you. Between Ramen burgers, Luke’s Lobster and Hong Kong cuisine mixed with waffles, the Meadows has it all.

With tickets costing $115 per day or $305 for a three day pass, the Meadows 2017 will definitely be worth your time and money!