Outdoor Adventure Club: Past, Present, and Future

OAC will hold a Picnic on May 7th at the Lewisboro Town Park

OAC LOGO
Last year, along with several other clubs, Campus Congress voted the Outdoor Adventure Club into existence. The Outdoor Adventure Club, or OAC, is a fun club in which students participate in various exciting physical activities.
In the winter months of last year, OAC planned their first successful trip and fundraiser. The fundraiser was a baking competition in the cafeteria for which several participants brought in cookies to be judged. The attendees of the event tasted all of the cookies in the competition, and they eventually voted on a winner. OAC conducted a similar fundraiser this year and all of the participants greatly enjoyed it. In addition, last year OAC took over a dozen students to Grand Prix in Mount Kisco for some awesome go-kart races. In the final race, the Co-President of the club, Callista Ohnemus, won a medal for the fastest lap. The students then sat down to a delicious pizza dinner made on site. Later that night, the students relaxed at the arcade before heading back to the school.
Students have given immensely favorable reviews about the club, especially due to the relaxed nature that juxtaposes the hard work that the students complete on a daily basis for school. One junior who attended the trip last year, Matt Sorkin, stated, “the trip was the most fun I’ve had–Ever.” Spencer Feldman, another trip attendee exclaimed, “Last year at Grand Prix, our club was able to bond over racing go-karts and arguing over who was the best driver. In the end, the only person who could legally drive a regular car ended up winning, and none of us were surprised. It was a great time overall and I can’t wait to do more fun activities in the upcoming year.” OAC often mixes in a fun competitive spirit to make the activities that they do the most fun as possible.
As part of an initiative to remove stress from exams during AP week, the Outdoor Adventure Club is hosting a picnic on Saturday, May 7th at the Lewisboro Town Park. The event will be held from 1:00 to 4:00 in the afternoon. During the trip, students will have access to the volleyball and basketball courts and will enjoy the cooking of our joint team of chefs: Mr. Rocchio and Mr. Zoeller. The trip is totally free, so all you have to do is fill out the field trip permission slip and hand it in before the deadline! As always, new members are welcome to partake in the fun.