Filed under News, Opinions, Showcase

Global Warming and Earth

The accelerating rate at which global greenhouse gases are being released into the atmosphere, trapping solar radiation, and in turn cooking our planet is alarming, and we’re to blame. However, we can also be the solution to this issue. Wait, but what does this mean? What even is global warming? Well, first off, the warming of our environment is not a new phenomenon. That’s right, our planet has warmed and cooled since its initial creation! However, the difference is, human burning of fossil fuels releases greenhouse gases (carbon dioxide, methane, and water vapor) and thickens our atmosphere. By thickening the atmosphere, we trap solar radiation (like a greenhouse – – hence the phrase greenhouse effect) and rapidly heat the earth.

Since global warming is a problem caused by mankind, mankind needs to be the one to solve it! This solution begins with getting involved and getting educated. Earth day is one way to celebrate our planet, and spread awareness of the environmental problems we have caused. “The March for Science” in NYC, which took place on Earth Day this year, brought many environmental-enthusiasts together. In addition, Bill Nye (the science guy) released his new Netflix original series, “Bill Nye Saves the World.” Programs such as Bill Nye’s show and environmental awareness marches are great ways to get involved and educated. We need to respect our planet and take care of it because, right now, it’s the only one we’ve got.