How Does Modern Technology Affect Our Schools?

Photo from The New York Times

Far too many of us, referring to typical Generation Z Millennials, quite honestly take technology for granted. Whether it be pulling out a laptop to send off an email, or simply using a smartphone to look up driving directions, technology plays a major role in enhancing our lives.  Furthermore, technology has given us the ability to make gains far beyond what we were capable of without its assistance. 

This theme is especially applicable and evident in the classroom, where technology is becoming more and more readily available for students everywhere. New advances in technology being used in schools allows both students as well as teachers to improve their educational abilities and complete tasks that were never possible before.

To date, most schools have an LED projector, which enables teachers and professors to project demonstrations without a traditional chalkboard. This is very effective because more often than not, students have trouble reading messy chalk writing. As if this were not enough, The Smart Board, or virtual chalkboard, has recently began appearing in high schools around the country. This piece of technology allows students to actually interact and work in a fun setting, with the same chalkboard they once hated. These are just two examples of how technology has begun to influence, as well as expand, the limits of education.