NBA Playoffs: Will the Warriors Pull off a Fourth Championship?

The NBA playoffs kicked off this week. This year, the competition has become fierce. For the first time in 3 years, the reigning champions, The Golden State Warriors, are not the 1 seed. That title belongs to the Houston Rockets. With all-star players, such as Chris Paul and James Harden, the Rockets are legit contenders in stopping the Warriors from winning a fourth championship. James Harden took note of their firepower this year: “I mean, look at us. We have everything we need to make a run. If we stay healthy, I see no team’s stopping us”.  James Harden talked with confidence when asked about the Rockets chances in the playoffs.

On the east side of the bracket, there is also a new number 1 seed: the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors are also legit contenders when for the championship. They are poised with 2 elite guards: Demar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry. They have been playing some amazing basketball recently.

The third seed, the 76ers, have won 16 straight games coming into the postseason, making them the hottest team in the playoffs. The first round should be entertaining, as we could see Lebron James get knocked off in the first round for the first time ever, as his team is only a 4 seed. The Cavaliers play a gritty Pacers team with emerging star, Victor Oladipo, playing at MVP caliber level this year.

Hopefully, this year we will see a new championship, as the prior three years have all been Warriors V. Cavaliers. Seeing that 4 times in a row would be extremely lackluster for the common NBA fan. The Warriors are depleted coming into the playoffs, with their star point guard, Steph Curry, reaggravating an ankle injury just 1 week prior to the first round. Will we see a new champion this year? Only time will tell. This year’s playoffs are gearing up to be extremely entertaining.