Filed under Student Blogs

Pets Of John Jay- Share Your Pet!

As interesting as reading about politics in the news every single day is, sometimes highschool students would rather read about something else. For example, puppies. Yes, there are recipes and sports articles to read, but while some people like cooking and some people like sports, everyone likes pets.

Whether you’re a dog person, a cat person, or even a spider person, almost everybody loves their pets. Pets can be your best friend, the one that you can talk to (even if they don’t often give back the best advice), and sometimes the one thing that keeps you sane when you’re swamped with schoolwork. Even if they aren’t 1st place dog show material, they deserve to be shown off and rewarded for all the things they do for us, so starting third quarter I will be running a “Pets of John Jay” blog here in the Focus.

Just like “Humans of New York”, each post will feature a picture of the pet as well as a caption telling readers about them. All information and images for the posts will come from the students of John Jay, for the students of John Jay.

While most people like to look at cute pictures of cats and/or dogs, the blog won’t just be for cats and dogs. Pet fish, lizards, spiders, and anything else that can be considered a pet (siblings don’t count) can be submitted and will be posted.

To get your pet featured, click on the survey below to answer a few questions about your pet, and email the picture you want featured to [email protected]

Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/L8SG2TL