How to Manage Stress at This Time of Year

It’s that time of the year again when you begin to feel the stress. Between APs, SATs and ACTs, and finals. This time of year can definitely be stressful for many students. It can be hard to manage your stress and keep your grades up at the same time. To help make a smooth transition into summer, I decided to ask some students how they manage their stress during this time of year.

Some students who wanted to remain anonymous said that they liked to have time to themselves each day to do things like loved, such as: reading, drawing, or playing basketball. Others said that managing their time helped to reduce stress and they received higher test scores. For example, doing their homework that wasn’t due until wednesday over the weekend helped them to manage their time better as they studied for finals. I also asked a junior, Emily Tuchman, how she managed stress during the end of the year. She told me, “I like to talk to adults outside of school who I feel comfortable with.” She said this allowed her to plan her time and get advice from others. Even though this time of year is stressful, it can also be exciting since it’s the start of summer. Many people said that when they did their work they reminded themselves that at the end they were rewarded with summer. This time of year can be hard for many students but as long as you manage your stress and take blocks of time to do your work, the end of the year will become less stressful.